1. Commitment to Data Protection.
Navico, as the manufacturer of C-MAP, Lowrance, Simrad, and B&G products, believes that putting trust, transparency and control at the heart of our customer and consumer experiences is key to being a leading player in our industry. In that regard, we comply with any data protection law which would be applicable to you, and have been closely monitoring the progress of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”). We have collaborated with privacy experts in the EU who are helping us on a continuing basis to navigate these regulatory challenges to deliver on our commitments. Navico is working to develop processes and mechanisms to facilitate individuals in the EU to exercise their rights in a similar manner to that prescribed by GDPR.
3. How we collect your Personal Data
Navico is acting as a data controller under GDPR when collecting your Personal Data, for the purposes, on the legal basis and during the data retention period hereinafter provided:
YOUR PERSONAL DATA (“Personal Data”)
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
- Identity (e.g. name, surname, etc.)
- Manage customer relationship
Necessary for the performance of a contract
As long as strictly necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise required under any applicable law, including for the duration necessary to comply with legal and regulatory archiving requirements or statute of limitations.
Send marketing solicitation from third parties (promotional e-mail and/or special offers)
While you are a registered customer
- Facilitate your navigation on the Sites
No more than 13 Months
4. Your rights in the EU.
Subject to evidencing your identity, you are entitled to request, at our address mentioned in Section “Contact details” below:
- The access, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to the Personal Data;
- The correction of any Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The provision to you of the Personal Data you actively and knowingly provided us and where possible, the transmission of such Personal Data directly to another data controller (otherwise known as the right to data portability);
- The objection to the processing of your Personal Data for advertising or direct marketing purposes or in order to carry out marketing research or commercial communications.
- The deletion, for legitimate reasons under the Data Protection Laws, of your Personal Data , including where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The objection to or withdrawal of your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, for legitimate reasons, except if the processing is necessary for the legitimate purposes for which it was collected. In this case, we will revert to you without undue delay with the justification of such legitimate ground.
5. How do we process your Personal Data.
We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Laws by:
- Adopting security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access (“Data Breach”). While we take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from any Data Breach, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Data you disclose online, nor that no Data Breach will occur. You can help us keep your Personal Data secure by ensuring that any password you use on our Sites is kept strictly confidential, and by logging off when you have finished using a shared computer. In this regard, you acknowledge the inherent security implications of dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us or our providers responsible for any Data Breach unless it is due to a breach of our obligations with respect to the protection of your Personal Data.
- Keeping your Personal Data accurate and up to date;
- Collecting and retaining solely Personal Data that are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which your Personal Data are processed.
6. Recipients of Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will be treated as confidential, and, subject to your consent, where applicable, will be shared only with:
- Our affiliates,
- Business partners,
- Service providers,
- Third parties, or
- Other parties when required by any applicable law.
The recipients of your Personal Data are located inside or outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area and are considered as data processors of your Personal Data, on our behalf. They have been chosen because they provide safeguards that are sufficient to comply with the Data Protection Law. By processing your Personal Data on our behalf, they shall act only under our instructions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, your Personal Data may be disclosed to law enforcement or judicial authorities, in compliance with applicable laws and upon formal request by such entities.
We will not disclose or transfer your Personal Data to any other third party without informing you, and, in any case, solely in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
7. Transfer of Personal Data abroad.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, or otherwise processed in a destination outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area, including without limitation the United States. In the event where your Personal Data are transferred outside the European Economic Area and/or outside the European Union where the European Commission has decided that the third country does not ensure an adequate level of protection, we undertake to provide appropriate safeguards which may include, but are not limited to, adopting European Commission contractual safeguards, participating in the US-EU Privacy Shield, obtaining your consent to the data transfer, or other binding safeguards that may be authorized by the European Data Protection Supervisor.
8. Cloud data.
Navico may store your Personal Data in a cloud. This means that your Personal Data may be processed on behalf of Navico by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. Navico makes uses of organizational and contractual measures to protect your Personal Data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive requirements, on our cloud service providers, including requirements that your Personal Data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned herein or for other purposes you have affirmatively consented to.
9. Further processing
Our Sites use various types of cookies and similar technologies, each of which has a different function. Some of these cookies are necessary to the operation of the Sites. Others may help us improve the use or your experience of the Sites.
These are the types of cookies that may be placed on your browser:
- Session cookies are placed into your browser during a browsing session, but they expire and are deleted at the end of the session. We and our partners use session cookies for various reasons, including to track use of the Sites during a single browsing session, and to help you to use the Sites more efficiently.
- Persistent cookies are placed into your browser during a browsing session, but remain in your computer or other device after the end of that browsing session, for a limited time. Persistent cookies allow the Sites to recognize your computer or other device when it is used to access the Sites again after a browsing session has been completed and a new browsing session has begun, primarily to help you quickly sign-in to our Sites again. Persistent cookies are also used, both by us, our service providers and our partners, for analytical and customization purposes.
- First-party cookies are placed on your computer or other device directly by us. They may include session and/or persistent cookies. For example, we use first party cookies to track your activity on the Sites for statistical and customization purposes.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your computer or device by our partners. They may include session and/or persistent cookies. Our partners use third party cookies for targeting purposes, for example to send you surveys.
As you know, each Internet browser allows the blocking or the deletion of cookies. Your Internet browser contains instructions on these procedures.
You can check the steps for managing cookies in your browser's help menu. Please note however that if you decide to disable or delete our cookies, we cannot ensure that all the web pages of the Sites will be displayed or work correctly or that certain services will be supplied.
12. Dispute resolution
In the event where you have any request or in the event of a dispute between you and us regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may address us your request or complaint by contacting us at our contact address below. We will endeavor to find a satisfactory solution to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Laws.
In the absence of a reply from us or if the dispute persists despite our proposal, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the Member State of the European Union in which you usually resides.
13. Contact Details.
Updated: May 1, 2018